i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

walking in the dark

since i was "let go" from my first full time job, i've been working close to 40 hours a week at the restaurant that i'd been working in before i got that full time job.

anyway.

working at the restaurant all day means that i am on my feet and walking around all day, but it also means that i am literally inside all day.

now that the weather is only describable as hot as hell outside, the restaurant has a hard time staying cool because of the grills and the opening and closing doors. but just being hot because it's hot out doesn't have the same effect as actually being outside enjoying nature.

i'm big into being outside, so when i get home at night i want to be outside.

tonight i ate dinner outside on our porch with Carla. it was lovely, but it wasn't enough. i wanted to go on a walk, so i got my cell phone (for safety), and set out for a nice little stroll by myself.

it was great except for the feeling that most people driving by were a little weirded out about seeing a woman out for a walk after dark by the road... but i used my time wisely by walking over to the community center that is really nearby and inquired about their weight room membership.

that's it.

yesterday was what would have been my 2nd wedding anniversary.

my idea was to get in great shape soon so that any pictures of me from this point forward are frickin awesome.

i love that i got outside tonight, regardless of the fact that i was on a walk alone, and i love that 2 years ago i was getting married, 1 year ago i was married [i'd be willing to say unhappily so], and here i am, unmarried and totally satisfied with my life and where it is headed.



now....i'm still brainstorming about how to rightly celebrate being unmarried in replacement of my 2 year wedding anniversary....

2 comments:

Two Date Diva said...

I spent my first unmarried anniversary with friends that my ex never really liked. It was nice to celebrate my new life. Glad to know you are happy!

Anonymous said...

I spent my first one with a dear friend. My ex sent me roses. Blech. I then went out and bought a garnet ring to celebrate myself. Still have to sell that engagement ring though...

 

|