i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Divorce Care

tonight i went to my first Divorce Care class. if you don't know what it is, it's basically a support group for people going through or finished with separation or divorce, but with a Christian faith based curriculum and video series.

believe me when i say that i was wary of the class, especially because the videos on the website are SO circa 1986, but i have been looking forward to being around other people that are going through similar situations in their lives so i gave it a chance and went.

i will say that the video was borderline "how old is this footage?!" but in the end i was really happy to sit through it and to take notes during it [i love taking notes. i am such a school nerd].

it touched on so many of the thoughts i've been having, and of course, made me cry like a baby as i processed what it talked about. i will post more later as i review my notes.

meanwhile, i have had a shitstorm of trouble with my car - registration, inspection, insurance. etc. don't even get me started on that topic.

so much to process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's helpful to be around people that can relate to your experiences, as long as you don't let them suffocate you, and then, bring you down.


You are not the only person that is a lonely adult. I have found it seems more impossible to find friends, the older you get. Sometimes you feel like everyone already has their BFF, and your not it. Wish I had someone to call my BFF. Now I'm sad. Sorry if I bring you down... :(

Bad Average Girl....bad.

 

|