i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

fire.

one of my new friends from church ended an engagement over the summer. she was supposed to be married on Oct 4, and so as the day approached, she asked that we help her distract herself from wallowing in "what should've been happening" during the day that Saturday.

we went on a strenuous bike ride, we spent time primping and making ourselves look h-o-t, and we went out for an evening on the town. it was a good time, and we made sure that she knew that we were happy that she was happy and that she was loved.

the next day, as we were talking, she mentioned that she knew that the end of October was going to be hard for me and so if i thought i wanted to, she would help organize the group to celebrate the day that i drove back home from Kentucky and started my life over. yes. i think i will take them up on it.

i've been sorting through my things, and i have an entire box of things that i want to burn in a 'cleansing ceremony' for myself. "love" notes, presents, books, etc, anything and everything that reminds me of Seth. i want to cleanse myself of those things and i want to see them all burn away into nothingness. so i think i am going to ask my friends to have a bonfire with me.

won't that be fun?! i will def. take pictures and share.

p.s.
i have a crush.

3 comments:

Two Date Diva said...

Burning things is so therapeutic! However, if you are going to use the fire place, for God's sake open and the flue and do NOT drink a ton of tequila before hand. I'm just sayin'.... from experience.

Anonymous said...

Sounds Awesome!!!! Liberating!!!

A def. do!!

I.Want.Pictures~

Tonya said...

I think that's a great idea!

 

|