i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Monday, November 17, 2008

burnt up.

i had my fire last weekend, and it was glorious.

i had tears in my eyes as i saw the things that had meant so much between Seth and i, go up in flames.

i had a friend take some pictures for me, here are the best images:





throwing on some of the 'love' notes he wrote me, and a few pictures.



this is a pic of a 2 paintings i made for him, the blue one is 25 different ways to say i love you, i.e. different languages. there is another painting being licked by the flames, you can see it has a lot of little words on it, these were all the reasons i loved him. i made these in my junior year of college.

he never hung either one.
this was the fire after i had thrown everything in. i love those ashes.

3 comments:

Maria said...

wow that takes a lot of guts to throw all those things into a fire. i hope it brought you a sense of a new beginning :)

love-ly-sa said...

it was definitely something i had to come to terms with after a lot of hard thinking.

and as i packed and unpacked after moving like, 4 times in 4 months, i was able to make a box that i called my Fire Box, so that i knew what i was ready to see burn. :)

it totally brought me a new sense of beginning.

such a cleansing act!

Tonya said...

that must have felt good!

 

|