i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

s'funny

it's funny when you are jolted awake by your roommate at 6:20 am.

Carla:
Leeeese! I heard crying outside and I am too scared to go to my car.

me:
whuaa?

Carla:
I hear noises every morning and sometimes it spooks me out, but I was just in the kitchen and that noise was RIGHT outside. I cannot open the door and knowingly go outside.

me:
[jumps out of bed, pulls some pants on]
okay.

we walk downstairs, open the front door, there is nothing to be noted. one of our neighbors is walking to his car, a few houses down. no explanations for the 'crying' noise.

Carla:
okay, thanks. sorry to wake you up.

me:
buuuuuuuuuuh. [zombie noise]

as i climbed the stairs back to my room, i shuttle my cat back into the room so that i can lock the door. then i promptly got scared.

it wouldn't have gotten to me except that Carla had described it as 'crying'. something is 'beeping', something is 'banging', something is 'knocking', those i could deal with.

crying? i don't do ghosts or wild animals with creepy noises. also in this category would be any type of neighbor who takes their morning walk to cry on our porch. so yeah, then i started freaking out.

this is when i wish there was a man in the house, so that he can change my oil and go scare the weeping ghosts from our front porch. boo!

No comments:

 

|