i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

in the bag

THE INTERVIEW:

the fact that my interview today was my very first interview for a professional, full-time, benefits included j-o-b should have been a factor in my nervousness beforehand, but honestly, i felt really fine.

i got my resume and references together, grabbed some blank paper and a pen, put them in a folder, got in the car and drove the 10 minutes to get there. i parked, checked in with the secretary, and within 5 minutes, i was shaking hands with a very pleasant woman named Lacy.

Lacy is actually the person who would be my boss if i were hired. She asked me about 10 different questions: Why do you want to get into this buisness? What personality traits would make you a good representative for our company? How would you describe our company and our products to someone who hasn't heard of it before? What kind of boss do you work well with? What kind of environment do you see yourself being most productive in?

so i answered her questions, making sure that i was thorough without talking endlessly. i also made sure that i presented myself well, being honest about my strengths and weaknesses. even as i sat there, i thought to myself, i have totally got this job.

i really don't like to be cocky, i don't like to come across as some arrogant jerk who thinks too highly of herself. but sometimes, i just get that feeling. i don't often like to say it out loud because then i may be disappointed if things don't work out and/or i may have to eat my words, etc. but seriously. i think i have this job in the bag.

by the time i left i felt like i had connected with Lacy enough to know that if she could've she would've hired me right on the spot. too bad i have to go back for another interview with Lacy's boss Richard in order to be hired for real.

oh well, that's just another interview i'll ace.

i forgot to mention that this job is in book publishing! my first love! reading! :)

:) today was a great day!

***i've been messing with the layout/colors/everything a little too much for one day, so although i am not totally thrilled with this final result, i think i am going to keep it this way for a while until i can assess it further.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

whooo hooo! keeping my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Hope it works out! the blue is better btw, but it is very bright at 2am. lol.

 

|