i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Saturday, January 12, 2008

booklist

as i named my blog life by the book, i thought i should list the books that i have either started or finished in the time that i started blogging. one of my main goals is to read at least one book a month (which is a low goal for me, but i get so distracted by tv that i'm hoping to up the count sometime soon)

-Wicked by Gregory Maguire (currently reading)
-Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert (currently reading)
-Extras by Scott Westerfield (didn't finish it, but i plan on borrowing it from the library once i move!)
-The IT Girl's Guide to Blogging with Moxie by Joelle Reeder and Katherine Scoleri (i love this book!)
-Write is a Verb by Bill O'Hanlon (supposed to help me get my butt into writing again)
-Love Smart by Dr. Phil (okay, this only counts if i could get past those sickening hearts on every page, so........it only counts because i have opened the front cover and looked at the first pages)
-Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver (i was reading this before i left Seth, and because i last read it two nights before i left, i cannot bring myself to read it anymore. it was also a birthday present from him to me this past year. so...not done with it yet)
-Secrets of a Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney (never finished it, but i LOVED it and fully intend on buying it sometime soon)

these are just the books that i am in the middle of, don't get me started on my list of books that i want to read. working in a bookstore has meant that my list has quadrupled in 2 short months!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Good luck with Wicked! I had a really hard time with that book. I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

I'm so OVER Dr. Phil. ha ha!! It's too bad he can't get over himself. :)

Joelle said...

Thanks for picking up our book! I'm so happy to hear that you love it. :)

 

|