i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Friday, January 11, 2008

from the horse's mouth

this is a direct copy and paste from my email, it's from Seth.

hey
I found out today that I have to have lived in KY for 6 months before we can file divorce here. So it looks like it will be a couple more months before we can start it up. It also looks like it will be about $640 that we can split. Thats about as cheap as it gets here and not all that bad all things considered. The laws are pretty dang intricate and its not really easy to file yourself. I'll let you know as I find more stuff out. It will be about 60 days after we file for it all to go through. (aproximatly) So, looks like we are in this until about Mayish. Alrighty, I guess I'll talk to you later. -Seth

he is working an hourly job at a retail store, and i am going to be unemployed any-day now as i was only a seasonal hire at the bookstore where i work, (although i plan on being hired by the company that i had a mini-interview with yesterday), and so, i thought about having him try to find a way to file the papers himself, OR finding a lawyer who doesn't charge $640 to do our un-marry-ment papers.

oh well, i have no idea how lawyers can charge so much, but that is not up to me.

as for now, i am going to go spend the better part of my day standing behind a cash-register and get paid only $7.50 an hour to do it.

at least it's friday!

i move into my new place on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

 

|