i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Thursday, January 24, 2008

turning it out.

today alone i have sent in 2 resume and cover letter combos to 2 different job postings that i came across.

yesterday i applied for 3 different positions, and last week i sent my resume to 2 different places. AND yesterday i also broke down and made a nanny-ad on a posting board, just in case i am really out of options by the time the bills hit in early January. i say this only because i really do not want to use my college degree to be a mother to someone else's kids, but hey, it may be an exhausting job but it pays the bills.

it's strange to be unemployed. i literally have nothing to do all day, except unpack (which, by the way, is hell on earth b/c i own way too much stuff) and eat. and since my roommate is not up here yet i've been all alone. the only people i have actually spoken to in person were the people who checked me out in the line at PetSmart (i got a new fish to replace the one that died) and the lady named Paulette at Lowes Foods.


so. the job hunt has been on since November, and i still haven't received any call-backs. but i am not discouraged, i mean, who wouldn't hire me?! i am going to get an interview by Friday. i have faith.


okay, back to unpacking. maybe i'll go for a walk too, i haven't been outside yet today....omg, i just realized i'm living like a hermit (cell phone chats do not count).

send some good vibes for my job hunt!

1 comment:

RadoMom said...

Good job vibes coming your way!!!!! I don't blame you for not wanting to Nanny. I can barely tolerate hanging out with my own kids all day, let alone non-biological ones! ; )

Keep up the positive juju and it'll come along in no time.

 

|