i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Saturday, January 12, 2008

no more.............

no more creeeeeeepy customers after 3:00 tomorrow! it's my last day working at the bookstore tomorrow, and honestly, i'm SO ready for it.

no more people having mini-meltdowns because their coupon isn't working.

no more people asking me why we don't price compare with online bookstores.

no more people setting off the doorway alarms and then looking at me like "I didn't do it".

no more people smacking their children right in front of me because the whole area surrounding the cash register is the most attention distracting area for kids ever: toys, candy, things to poke.

and best of all, no more people asking me to look up a book even though i have already pointed them to the information desk and i have told them that i am not allowed to leave the registers because there is a LINE wrapping around the store.

and even though i could very easily find myself writing a "why i hate being unemployed" post in the next week, i'm so happy not to be a cashier anymore after tomorrow. i am going to get a full-time job, one where i don't have to stand on my feet for 6 hours straight and i don't have to do it for pennies.

i am probably one of the most optimistic and upbeat people in the world, and i just KNOW that there are only good things ahead in 2008. this move to a new place is just the kick in the pants that i need!

here are some of my plans for the upcoming month(s):

-move into the new AWESOME townhouse
-unpack and purge from things that i do not need. (i am a clutterbug and a pack-rat, this means that not only do i have a lot of stuff, but i don't even know where most of it is most of the time.)
-have an interview and land a full-time job (my first one!)
-get a kitten and spoil it rotten! (once i have a steady income, of course. and i want it to be either gray-tabby or white)
-make new friends and keep the ones i've already got
-write, write, write. (i have a novel that i work on from time to time)
-decide whether i will be doing my Masters in Creative Writing this fall or next spring.
-start running again, and train for and finish a half-marathon.
-plan and go on at least 1 international trip. (it's about damn time i use my passport again. that thing is itching for stamps!)

here are some things that i have been daydreaming about owning/buying whenever i get a full-time job:
-a Nintendo Wii
-a nice digital camera
-a Dodge Caliber
-gym membership and/or a personal trainer
oh, i feel like there are more to add to this list, so don't be surprised if i update this again later.

alright.

i'm done distracting myself from the looming prospect of packing my stuff.

-lisa-

1 comment:

Tonya said...

OK, I'm holding you too that list! :) Good luck with the new place!

 

|