i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

day-job as a constant reminder

so my day-job here recently has been standing on my feet behind a register at a bookstore in the mall.

first of all, this is not my dream job.

second of all, i interact with a LOT of people throughout the day, especially considering that it is the holidays and people are shopping like crazy right now so much that the line gets long and i help one customer after another.

the thing that i have been noticing more-so lately than ever, is that (at least from the customers i have helped) there are no single men my age.

there.

i said it.

they have ALL got wedding bands.

and the only one, ONE, that has not been gay or married and seems to be my age, probably has a nice time playing Dungeons and Dragons on a nightly basis in his mom's basement.

score.

No comments:

 

|