i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Monday, December 17, 2007

mil

i dreamed about my mother-in-law last night.

unlike most of my married friends, i never ever once disliked my mother-in-law, not in the slightest littlest way. she was always very honest with me, very sweet to me, and in general, i loved her in a way that i do not even love my own mother.

that said, leaving my husband meant that i left her too, and i honestly miss her a lot and wish i could talk to her. but i haven't decided if enough time has gone by yet, so i haven't talked to her, but i do plan on talking to her someday.

but last night, i dreamed about her.

oddly, i dreamed that she was the window-server at a McDonald's drive through, and i was in my car ordering when i heard a very familiar voice ask me what i wanted to order.

so as i pulled around to the window, there she was. smiling at me with her sweet smile and showering me in good vibes. i asked her if she could hop in my car and come with me so we could talk.

and we talked, and i explained why i left Seth, and she said she understood and that she was happy that we were able to make such an adult decision and she said that she loved me and that we would always be family.

and when i woke up, i felt like i had actually talked to her and that she still loved me very much, and even though i know i didn't actually talk to her, i felt better today because of that dream.


i pray that one day i will be able to have coffee with her and that she will always love me as much as i loved her.

No comments:

 

|