i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Monday, December 31, 2007

the rings

Seth called today.

i missed it so he left me a voicemail, here's what it said:

Hey, this is Seth, happy new year, hope you're doing something cool, and stuff. anyway, I have a really weird question to ask you and if you would please give me a call back and I will ask you, I hope you're doing alright, happy new year and I hope you had a merry christmas, I will catch up with you soon, talk to you later, bye.
so, as i am a generally curious person, i called him immediately.

me: Hey, What's this weird question you have to ask me?

he didn't even get two words out before i just sprung that on him.

Seth: Hey, well, you might think this is weird, but I was wondering if you knew where your wedding rings are because I have been looking for them and I cannot find them.

me: well of course you can't find them, i have them.

Seth: Oh, you do? Oh, I thought they were packed away up here. I'm moving today and I have turned everything inside out looking for them.

me: no, you didn't have to do that, because i asked you what i should do with them the night before i left, i said "What do you want me to do with these?" and you said "Keep them, they're yours anyway, and what would I do with them?" so i kept them, i have them, why? do you need them?

Seth: oh, well, it might sound weird but i was going to sell them, but I guess since you have them, then I can't sell them.

me: well, you told me to keep them, so i have them.

Seth: Well, I am in the middle of moving right now, but I want to talk to you more about this, but I hope you have a happy new years, are you doing anything?

me: yeah, Carla and i are having a little get-together. how's the move going?

Seth: it's good, well hey, I should go because I just got my car here and I need to unload it. I guess we'll talk again soon.

me: yeah, okay.

Seth: Happy New Years.

me: You too.

and there you have it.

we both want to sell my rings, but i am the only one who actually has the rings...but Seth has the diamond certifications and what not, so we're in a catch 22. i can't sell them without the certifications, and he can't sell them because he doesn't actually have them.

what do you think i should do? i need some feedback!
Happy New Years Eve!

No comments:

 

|