i always thought i had lived my life by the book....
now i'm finding that nothing you plan on is certain.....

Friday, December 28, 2007

geologist strikes out

thank goodness i wore my "please don't hit on me" ring to work two nights ago.

and why is that, you may ask....


because the geologist guy came in, that's why.

here's the scenario:

me: working with Hector and Angela behind the cash registers.

the geologist: comes in and browses the Manga section.

me: Oh-my-gosh, the geologist is here.

Hector: NO WAY!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!

Angela: Oh man, hey, well, if he comes up to the register to buy anything, then I'll make sure he comes to my register.

Hector: but if he comes to my register, then I'm going to look busy so you'll have to help him.

me: eeeeeeeeeek.

the geologist: selects books, makes his way to the register.

me: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

Angela: has a customer.

me: freaking out, trying to make myself look busy, restocked the membership-cards, as slowly as possible.

Hector: senses my oncoming freak-out and helps the geologist (thank you Hector)

Hector and the geologist: have a lame conversation about bitterness, i think. i couldn't really hear anything above the blood rushing to my face.

me: eeeeeeeeeeek.

Hector: alright, have a nice evening, "I love rocks" [under his breath].

me: trying to look busy still.

the geologist: [walks straight up to the counter where i'm standing.] "Lisa, right?"

me: Yes.

the geologist: I just noticed your left hand, are you married?

me: Yes. (i am not lying, i am still married, technically)

the geologist: Oh wow, well your husband is a very lucky man.

me: [lying] Yes, well he thinks so.

the geologist: [nods his head, walks away slowly]

me: totally blushing, "have a good night", thank you Jesus for me wearing my "don't hit on me ring".

Angela: you are totally blushing.

Hector: who decides to study rocks?

No comments:

 

|